I’m sorry about missing title, but this tutorial is correct with "How to Run DracOS Linux on VirtualBox, Complete". Because now DracOS can’t Stand Alone. You can install it with rsync: https://0xff0.net/how-to-install-dracos-using-rsync/
What is DracOS ?Dracos Linux is the Linux operating system, open source is built based on the Linux From Scratch. Dracos linux under the protection of the GNU General Public License v3.0. This operating system is one variant of Linux distributions, which is used to perform security testing (penetration testing). Dracos linux in Arm by hundreds hydraulic pentest, forensics and reverse engineering. Dracos linux does not use a GUI-based tools-tools and just have the software using the CLI (command line interface) to perform its operations
If you have an error like this “VBox on 14.04: Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908)”, please following this tutorial first.
The fix for 14.04 is indeed different, but not that different:
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-generic build-essential dkms
sudo apt-get remove --purge virtualbox-dkms
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-dkms
* Download ISOOfficial:
1. Create “New” Vitual MachineType Name, e.g: "DracOS", and select type to "Linux" with "Version is Other Linux (64-bit)".
|1. Create "New" Vitual Machine|
2. Memory SizeChange memory for your machine. For example we used "512 MB" for the Memory (RAM).
|2. Memory Size|
3. Hard DriveSetup hard drive for your machine, Select to "Create a virtual hard drive now". and then click "Create".
|3. Hard Drive|
4. Hard drive file typeSelect to "VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image)", and click "Next".
|4. Hard Drive file type|
5. Storage on physical hard driveSelect to "Dynamically allocated", and then click "Next".
|5. Storage on physical hard drive|
6. File location and size of HDDSpecify the location and size of HDD, example we use 15 GB Disk space. Then click "Create".
|6. File location and size|
7. Find location of Disk Image (ISO) for your DracOS machine.Click button Settings >> Select to menu "Storage", and Click "Empty" disk in Storage Tree. Please select your disk image in CD/DVD Drive >> Choose a virtual CD/DVD disk file... and then find DracOS iso file.
|7. Find location of Disk Image (ISO) for your DracOS machine|
Baca JugaFor example in this moment, we used "dracOs-x86_64-1.final.rev2.iso".
|8. File of dracOs-x86_64-1.final.rev2.iso|
8. Starting DracOSDracos Mahine is Ready. Now, click button "Start" in your VirtualBox to starting DracOS. You can see, we have two options, please select first selection, it is "Boot the live system (x86_64)".
|8. Starting DracOS|
9. Login Access for DracOSDracOS Linux is similiar with other linux distributions, such as Kali Linux, BackTrack, and other. Default username login for DracOS is "root" with password "toor".
|9. Login Access for DracOS|
10. Starting System with startxType "startx" to starting system DracOS Linux.
|10. Starting System with startx|
11. Desktop DracOSYeah, now DracOS was successfully installed in VirtualBox. and this is Desktop of DracOS Linux Vairusa final release 1.
|11. Desktop DracOS|
12. Terminal and ShortcutsIn DracOS Linux, for going to Terminal/Console, you can press "Windows + Shift + Enter". You can use this some shortcuts in DracOS:
- APPLICATIONS SHORTCUT
NAME SHORTCUTS URxvt (Terminal) windows + shift + enter LFM (File Manager) windows + shift + t Links (Browser) windows + shift + l Scrot (Screenshot) prtsc DMenu (Application Spawner) windows + p Dracos-Menu windows + shift+ d Close Window windows + shift + c Move Window windows + left click Resize Window windows + right click
NAME SHORTCUTS NULL windows + f (default layout) MONOCLE windows + m TILE windows + t GAPPLES GRID windows + g
|12. Terminal and Shortcuts|
13. Connecting to Internet with enp0s3 on VirtualBox
[root@dracOs]$ ifconfig enp0s3 up
[root@dracOs]$ dhclient enp0s3
[root@dracOs]$ ifconfig enp0s3
[root@dracOs]$ ping www.google.com
|Setup Internet DracOS on VirtualBox|
14. LFM (File Manager) in DracOSThis is file manager in DracOS, you can press "Windows + Shift + T" to show it.
|14. LFM (File Manager) in DracOS|
15. Showing DracOS-MenuIf you want to show DracOS-Menu, you can press "Windows + Shift+ D". Like this picture bellow, you can see, bottom of Desktop have a some menus. Have 6 Category, such as "pentest-tools, webclient, mailclient, fileclient, irssiclient, and shell".
For more information about DracOS, you can checkout at DracOS Official: https://dracos-linux.org/